The School Council comprises of a representative from every class across the school plus one from those pupils who are part of the residential provision. Its primary role is to provide a forum for a pupil voice from across the school and to share ideas discussed back with their class peers. The full council is split into 2 smaller groups, Lower and Upper Councils. These smaller councils give each member greater opportunity to have their voice heard and to be actively involved.
- Lower Council –pupils from Lower and Dragonfly Phases. This is made up of 8 representatives.
- Upper Council – Middle and Upper Phases. This is made up of 13 representatives.
Each group meets fortnightly on a rotational basis to share ideas and discuss new and ongoing projects. Last year such things included;
- Assisting with the Poppy Appeal,
- Pupil voice regarding the school uniform,
- Providing students for interview panels for new staff applicants,
- Creating and running a Strandfest activity,
- Helping develop the new school dinner menu.
Pupils are all volunteers and if more than 1 pupil in a class group express I wish to be the class representative then a small in-class election takes place for the final selection.